Creating Ads That Turn Heads
YOUR TASK: Working alone or with a partner create TWO FULL PAGE ads. One should be marketed to one of the heroes (Jason, Perseus, Theseus, and/or Hercules) and one should be marketed to a contemporary regular person. Both should utilize propaganda techniques.
1. Create a fictional product or service that a hero would use. Imagine your company thinks there will be a lot of money to be made for something the hero would need.
2. Create a fictional product or service that a modern day person would use. Use persuasive techniques which utilize elements from one or more of the Hero Stories (Jason, Perseus, Thesues, and/or Hercules). For example, a facial cream called Aphrodite. A weather warning system called Zeus’ Thunderbolt. Then you would use elements from the stories combined with propaganda techniques.
Your ads MUST include the following:
· clearly “sell” your product or service.
· Your product or service must be clear.
· Utilize appropriate propaganda devices as discussed in class. (Bad names, glad names, testimonial, fear, etc.)
· Make sure it’s visually intriguing. Pay attention to how words and graphics look together and be sure that it is legible.
· Use correct grammar, capitalization, and spelling.
· Each ad should be accompanied with a typed RATIONALE that
1. identifies your product/service
2. identifies the propaganda devices and how/why you used them